Sabtu, 09 April 2011

Kurt Cobain: Letter Before He Died

i don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, 
it's better to burn out than to fade away
* * *





Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.

For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.




On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too f***ing sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what i used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.




Peace, love, empathy.
Kurt Cobain

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.
Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.
For her life, which will be so much happier without me.


I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!



* * *



* * * *Choirul Huda* * * *
_____________________________________________________________________
Images: From Google
Source Article: Heavier Than Heaven (Indonesian Edition)
_____________________________________________________________________

And, this is...
Heavier Than Heaven - Behind the My Story...
  
- Kurt Cobain and Courney Love Story
- In Memoriam Kurt Cobain, 1967-1964: The Sun Is Gone, But I Have a Light
- Frances Bean, the Last Angel from Seattle...

* * *
Jakarta. April 8, 2011

    

5 komentar:

  1. Walau bagaimanapun pemilihan pada kematian pada Cobain adalah bentuk kekalahannya. Disaat rocker lain di era yang sama berjuang untuk hidup, Freddy Mercury yang diakui jauhhhh lebih besar dibanding Cobain, justru mati karena kalah dalam melawan Aids. Simpati sulit diberikan kepada Cobain.

    Pada waktu itu, jaman saya kuliah. Kematian CObain dikatawai walau tetap bikin shock public. Publik membandingkan kematian Cobain dengan John Lennon, Mercury dan Elvis.

    Mercury dan Lennon memberikan pengaruh yang jauhhh lebih dasyat dari Cobain.

    Sebenarnya musik yang ditarik oleh Nirvana juga bukan jenis baru. tetapi kembali ke era Beatles. Hanya peralatan musik rock di era Nirvana memang sudah jauh lebih maju dibanding era Beatles. Makanya Nirvana terkesan lebih garang.

    Dari sisi chord dan ciri ciri musik, Nirvana membawa era 60 - 70 an dengan balutan Rock 80an yang glam, hard dan speed.

    Namun, hidup atau mati memang ditangan manusia. Bukan ditangan Tuhan. Cobain, John dan Mercury pasti mati.

    Tapi John bisa memilih tidak mati muda, bila dia tidak terlalu vocal memprotes barat. Mercury bisa saja belum mati bila kelakuan sexualnya lebih rapi sehingga tidak usah kena Aids yang belum ada obatnya.

    Nah, Cobain justru memilih bunuh diri.

    Melihat dari jenis lirik lagu Nirvana, prestasi yang mereka raih di tangga lagu musik dunia, khususnya Top Ten Amerika. Sikap politik NIrvana dan Cobain. Sangat lemah teori yang menyatakan bahwa Cobain dibunuh. Apalagi untuk kepentingan politik.

    Saya lebih percaya anak jalanan ini tidak sanggup menerima tekanan poparitas.

    BalasHapus
  2. xi xi xi, bagi saya Kurt CObain Lebih besar daripada Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Jim Morisson bahkan Jimi Hendrix sang Dewa Gitar...
    * * *
    Soalnya saya dilahirkan dalam keluarga Grunge, dan juga dibesarkan dalam komunitas SEATTLE SOUND.
    Dari SD, SMP, SMA, hingga Lulus Kuliah tetap fanatik Nirvana.
    He he he, makasih ya Bang TL ^_^

    BalasHapus
  3. hahahaha, maaf kalo komennya pedes. Soalnya dalam mereview artis musik dunia, saya selalu berpatokan ke data musik. yang paling akurat adalah Billboard top 100 single dan Bilboard top 200 album.

    Nah, sampai detik ini rekor dunia masih dipegang John Lennon, dengan 21 single no. 1

    Kemudian di bawahnya ada Mariah Carey dengan 19 single no. 1

    Lalu Elvis di No. 3 dengan 18 single no. 1

    Kemudian, kalau soal Freddie Mercury, Queen punya sekian banyak album. Dan album album Queen juga dikategorikan sebagai album rock klasik, yang bahkan sampai sekarang dianggap sebagai pencapaian artistik paling tinggi dalam sejarah musik dunia. Bukan hanya di rock.

    Anda lihat sendiri bagaimana Dhani Dewa yang mati matian menjiplak Queen. hehehehehe bahkan, band seperti Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Extreme adalah terang terangan mengakui Queen sebagai inspirator mereka.

    ==========

    Jadi itu mengapa saya mengambil contoh ke Freddie Mercury dan Lennon. Bukan karena saya memang suka pada mereka. tapi lebih ke fakta hasil yang mereka capai dalam memperngaruhi musik dunia sampai hari ini.

    Kalau ingin adu suka sukaan... hehehehehe saya akan adu Nirvana dengan Rhapsody... band epic rock gila gilaan yang bisa bikin jantung berhenti berdetak. tapi tidak mati.... wakakakaka

    BalasHapus
  4. He he he, di Hadapan Sang Master, saya tidak bisa komentar apa-apa...
    Analisis yang Sangat menarik. Kapan2 kita bikin suatu tulisan yang membahas Kurt Cobain dan Jimi Hendrix ya Bang?

    BalasHapus
  5. jadi inget mo buffering lagu-lagunya di youtube :)

    BalasHapus

Ingin komentar tapi tidak tahu caranya?

Klik panah ke bawah di sebelah kanan "Beri Komentar Sebagai" Pilih ID Name/URL. Isilah nama anda. Bila tidak punya URL, kolom ini kosongkan saja. Klik Poskan Komentar. Kalau anda ragu, silahkan klik Pratinjau. Terima kasih.